Roots Before Branches




So many things to do and say

But I can't seem to find my way

But I wanna know how

I know I'm meant for something else

But first I gotta find myself
But I don't know how

Why do I reach for the stars

When I don't have wings to carry me that far?

I gotta have Roots before branches

To know who I am

Before I know Who I wanna be

And faith to take chances
To live like I see A place in this world for me

Sometimes I don't wanna feel and forget the pain 

Is real put my head in the clouds

Oh, start to run and then I fall
Seeing I can't get it all
Without my feet On the ground

There's always a seed Before there's a rose

The more that it rains The more I will grow

Whatever comes I know how to take it

Learn to be strong I won't have to fake it

 you're understanding 
but when you come 
And do it best
There ain't nothing' to stoppin' east to west 
But I'll still be standing 

I gotta have roots before branches

No comments:

Post a Comment